Sep 23, 2011

Patchwork - Dancing Lady

Hi all, hope all of you doing great. 

This is one of my favorite piece of artwork. This is a dancing lady pattern of large wall hanging or home decor. Here, we can see a combination of two types of art hand embroidery with patchwork. At first, embroidery is done on specific colored cloth. Let us take for example such as face on skin color fabric etc. Afterwards, all those patches fixed together on a piece of cotton fabric by simple hand stitching. Later stitched them firmly by machine.


For the whole design, silk thread is used. You can observe a variety of stitches are used in this piece of art. Such as

  • Stem stitch for all the outlines
  • Wheel buttonhole in pieces of jewellery like the long necklace
  • Herringbone used for flowers on sari, short necklace 
  • Satin stitch for bangles 
  • Long and short for hairs, eyes lips etc.    


Hope you liked the work. We have a few more similar patterns. I will publish them in my upcoming posts 

 





No comments:

Kurthi - Re-designed

Hello   Readers How are you? I am doing well; my kid is having vacations now and he keeps me busy all the time. So I am unable to car...