Oct 13, 2011

Hand Embroidered Saree


Dear readers hope all of you are enjoying Diwali  shopping.  Sarees, jewelry and the list goes on. To match your mood presenting one more hand embroidered saree.

This blue georgette saree on which double shaded silk thread.  In my last post, I posted saree with matching embroidery. This time the work on saree is done with contrast colours. We tried many clour combinations as always J. Finally, we got this double shaded thread i.e. yellow and orange. 

You can see the whole pallu is embroidered and  decorated with kundans.
Now let us see the stitches, in this embroidery pattern the main stitches used are herringbone stitch and chain stitch.

 Herringbone is one of my favourite stitches. because it is not only used beautifully to fill petals leaves but also very simple stitch. Whenever you want to finish your embroidery filling, use herringbone stitch. This stitch is also known as Russian cross stitch. I am planning to post tutorial kind of articles about some of hand embroidery stitches. Let us see how it works.

 

5 comments:

Rekha said...

good one:)

Sunayana said...

Thank you Rekha

Leelagovind said...

beautiful design with good color combination..have you done the embr on whole saree?hats off to you sunayna..

Sunayana said...

Once again thanks for the lovely comment. And the credit goes to my Mother Mrs Shaila Desai. As I mentioned in my profile some of patterns done by my mom and others are by me.
And regarding saree whole pallu is embroidered and large border also.

Pavitraa Fashion said...

Beautiful designer Embroidery Sarees are made multi-threaded embroidery work and hand work. Thanks for your blog !

Kurthi - Re-designed

Hello   Readers How are you? I am doing well; my kid is having vacations now and he keeps me busy all the time. So I am unable to car...